Tweet #generationfortystory

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Preserved pre-business casual attire, now halloween costume


I exited the workforce to raise a family in 2002.  Business casual attire was just starting to be the trend, but I was proud of the investment I’d made in my professional wardrobe!  So I packed it up and stored it.  Now, my 11 year old is using an old blazer for this year’s halloween costume.  She’s a secret agent, and loves the oversized black jacket (with, may I add, subtle shoulder pads).  Who’d of thought my hard earned paycheck $s, smartly used to buy the fashion trends of the late nineties, would have ended up in the costume box.  I only wish I would have kept that first cell phone of mine. A bag phone, complete with the faux leather zipped cover and handle.  That would have been a huge hit with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment