Tweet #generationfortystory

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Almost as good as lasterday

Had one of those priceless conversations with my 11 year old at bedtime tonight.  I wouldn't trade these conversations for the world, and hope to always remember them... which is partly why I blog.  Tonight, she introduced a new phrase "another o'clock."  We were discussing the impact of me returning to work, and I explained how I'd likely have to start work by 8:00.  This, she thought was fine, since she'll be in school at 7:45.  Then, she simply suggested that I return home from work at "another o'clock" to be here when her school day ends. This, from the genius who at the age of 4 coined the phrase lasterday.  Lasterday was how she referred to anything that occurred in the recent past. It made much more sense to her then the word yesterday, and we all agreed, naturally!

1 comment:

  1. I loved it when she said lasterday! She even has said it in the past couple of years in front of me just to see me smile!

    ReplyDelete