Tweet #generationfortystory

Friday, November 1, 2013

Whisperer still relevant?

I recently had a networking meeting with a marketing professional who is at the peak of her pre-mommy career, one that she'll likely return to after a respectable maternity leave, versus my leave that's now lasted 12 1/2 years.  Over coffee yesterday, I picked up tips from her on following current trends in digital marketing.  I refrained from offering advice or even commenting on her pregnancy, respecting that unsolicited advice can often be annoying. When she mentioned her due date though, I saw my opportunity (even non-meddlers, like to share stuff that we find useful).  In email exchanges after our conversation, expressing my thanks for her time, I shared a book and a baby registry item that I thought were helpful. The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer and a bath pillow that resembled a mini beanbag chair. I recall both being essential in making life easier, hopefully both are still relevant.
Great to put on the kitchen counter for sponge baths
 when you're still measuring your child's age in weeks.

 
(I also learned how to use images in my post.) Images courtesy of Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment