Tweet #generationfortystory

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Jack's missing

I remember stressing about my kids connecting with a material possession when they were babies. Not sure why this was so important to me at the time.  One of those new mom things, that you later realize could lead to stress.  The kind of stress that occurs at bedtime, when your now eight year old daughter cannot find her monkey "Jack", and she NEEDS him for her school project TOMORROW and I DON'T UNDERSTAND how important this is and WHAT IF WE NEVER FIND HIM?  (This is what I created, by thinking that my infant child needed to bond with a WEBKINZ).

After two hours of looking, my daughter asked "what was that prayer that we said when my bracelet was lost? Because that worked, we found it."  So we together prayed " Dear St Anthony come around, something's lost that can't be found'  This precious child took comfort in that prayer, and I prayed even harder that  Jack would in fact be found.  It may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but it was huge, and the ONLY thing that mattered to my daughter.  So, when Jack was found the next day, there was much happiness, and confirmation of faith in prayer... something that is aways good for a child to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment