Tweet #generationfortystory

Friday, October 5, 2012

The Talk

As a parent, I've learned that most important conversations are impromptu.  One day you hear a friend with older daughters say, well we had 'the talk' today, and you think, I won't have that talk for years.  Then, your 6 year old has a teacher that is expecting, which leads to the question "where do babies come from?"  My two daughters teamed up on me too.  I started with the talk about love, marriage, baby, etc.  They wanted more of the physical details.  I elaborated, with what I thought they could understand, they pressed for more details, I responded "you really want to know?"  I offered a little more.  Their eyes got wider with each new morsel of knowledge.  At the end of the conversation, the younger one responded, "oh, I thought the woman just ate something and it grew in her tummy."  The older daughter said 'So a woman's body changes when she gets pregnant, what happens to the man's body?"I replied that nothing physically changes for men, she said in turn "well, thats not fair!"

No comments:

Post a Comment