Tweet #generationfortystory

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Belated tooth fairy

my eight year old lost a tooth last night. The tooth Fairy didn't come, which as any parent can surely imagine made for a very difficult morning. Nothing seemed to pacify her, although me saying that I too was mad at the tooth fairy, seemed to be of some consolation. My fear that she would continue to talk about it at school was confirmed when she came home and said that Jessica told her there was no tooth fairy, just like there was no santa 'its just your parents' (ouuuuuch). I told her its not important what others think, what matters is what you believe. Then, I quickly added 'why would I be the tooth fairy, don't I already give you enough money?' That got a laugh, and she's anxiously awaiting the tooth fairy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment