Tweet #generationfortystory

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Full service gas station, redefined

I vaguely remember going to the gas station with my father when I was a child and an attendant would fill the tank, wash our windshield and check under the hood.  By the time I started to drive, self service was the 'new' thing.  Now, you don't necessarily even have to interact with anyone when filling your gas tank.  Yesterday, I happened to go inside a gas station, and later realized that I'd left my cell phone there.  When I returned to pick it up today, it had not only been set aside for me, but the attendant saw that the battery was low and charged it.  My father would be happy to know that some level of full service does still exist at the gas stations that he once frequented 40 years ago, it's just redefined.

No comments:

Post a Comment