Tweet #generationfortystory

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Life lesson resume

Its time for me to get back into the workforce. For two reasons, one financial and secondly, for my own personal growth. I feel like its hard to make that leap though... even though its not a huge leap. So instead of throwing myself into reasearching and re-learning marketing, I have been obsessing about my inability to dive in. Why am I not able to just embrace this and go with it? I have two freelance opportunities, essentially being handed right to me, and I'm... well spending my free time on this blog. What's up with that?

In talking with a friend last night, I came to the realization that the clutter in my head is preventing me from moving forward. I'm distracted by all the things that have occurred in my life over the past two years and the ripple affect of those things is what is consuming me.

I tend to steer myself to what's familiar. That's where I'm comfortable, secure, confident. When I had my career, I was familiar with marketing services. I understood the business and the people that I was marketing. Being away from that for 8 years, has made me less confident about my abilities to market and my brain migrates to that insecure zone. What's familiar to me now is motherhood, being a wife, surviving and not surviving cancer. I actually feel like my life experiences could qualify me to work as a social worker in a cancer hospital or at a coordinator at a funeral home. Helping those that survive, or helping those who need to put the non-survivors to eternal rest. I'd take the stuff that I learned in college over the life lessons that I've had over the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment